Each of the winners will receive $1,000. Winners will be invited to teach a single class at Purchase College for $1,000 under the sponsorship of the Royal and Shirley Durst Chair in Literature.
The PSA Chapbook Fellowship
Judges: Stephanie Burt & Patricia Smith
Judges: Fady Joudah & Evie Shockley
Note: Poets may apply to one contest only.
1. Manuscript page length: between 20-30 pages of poetry (front matter not included in count). Poems must be typed on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and bound with a binder clip. No illustrations may be included. Do not include photocopies of poems from magazines or journals. Please submit only one copy of your manuscript. Manuscripts should include no more than one poem per page.
2. A complete submission should include:
a. A title page with contest name (The PSA Chapbook Fellowship or The PSA Chapbook Fellowship 30 and Under), your name, address, telephone, email, and any other relevant contact information. Your name should not appear elsewhere in the manuscript.
b. A title page with just the title of the manuscript.
c. An acknowledgments page. Poems included in your manuscript may be previously published, but please include an acknowledgments page listing specific publications. Note: previous publications and/or the inclusion of published poems will not serve as a determining factor in the screening or judging of manuscripts.
d. A complete Table of Contents.
e. Payment of a $12.00 non-refundable entry fee (check or money order payable in U.S. dollars to Poetry Society of America). This fee is not waived for PSA members. Please do not send cash.
f. A self-addressed stamped postcard for confirmation of receipt. Winners will be announced on our website.
3. Multiple submissions are not accepted.
4. Manuscripts with more than one author will not be accepted.
5. Translations will not be accepted.
PSA CHAPBOOK CONTEST
Poetry Society of America
15 Gramercy Park
New York, New York 10003