Happy National Poetry Month! While every month is Poetry Month here at the PSA, we're pleased to take this opportunity to share what's new, and to ask you to join us in supporting poetry by becoming a member.
We've just awarded Gerald Stern our 2014 Frost Medal for lifetime achievement, and this April, we're giving away a copy of his In Beauty Bright to anyone who joins the PSA with a $65 donation.
What else are we doing? We began a new initiative, bringing visiting poets into the classrooms of 6-8th grade students at Harlem Academy. We celebrated the 11th year of our Chapbook Fellowship Program by launching four exciting new voices. We continue our commitment to presenting poems in unconventional locations such as The New York Botanical Garden and placing poems on public transportation systems through our signature program, Poetry in Motion®. In addition, we're presenting nearly 60 public poetry programs in cities across the nation this year—please join us to support all these exciting initiatives.
If you choose to become a member of the PSA, not only will you be supporting these activities as part of our active community of poets and poetry lovers, you'll also receive:
- a gorgeous new set of four poetry postcards
- a PSA tote bag
- 20% off the subscription price of The American Poetry Review, The Believer, Boston Review, Fence, and Washington Square Review
- free or discounted admission to PSA events
- special offers from partners like the PEN World Voices Festival and The New York Botanical Garden
- free admission to PSA's range of prestigious annual awards
So show your support for poetry today!
With thanks and all good wishes from all of us at the PSA,