Greetings from the Poetry Society of America! I am writing to thank you for your history of generous support and to invite you to renew your membership, which will be expiring on May 30, 2014.
Last year's gift helped 2013 to be a significant and exciting one for the Poetry Society of America. With your support, we made every month Poetry Month: presenting poems in unconventional locations such as gardens, placing poems on public transportation systems through Poetry in Motion, celebrating the 10th anniversary of our Chapbook Fellowship Program by launching four exciting new voices; and presenting nearly 60 public poetry programs in cities across the nation.
In 2014, we're committed to making our programs more dynamic and engaging than ever with your support. And if you renew this April, we have a special offer for you. Increase your membership donation by just $20 (still only $65 for the basic membership, or $120 for the sustaining membership which guarantees you a set of our four newest chapbooks, hot off the presses next month) and we'll thank you by including a purple PSA tote bag and a copy of this year's PSA Frost Medalist Gerald Stern's In Beauty Bright.
Even if you don't opt for this great volume, your renewal will still garner you:
- a gorgeous new set of four poetry postcards
- 20% off the subscription price of The American Poetry Review, The Believer, Boston Review, Fence, and Washington Square Review
- free or discounted admission to PSA events
- special offers from partners like the PEN World Voices Festival and The New York Botanical Garden
- free admission to PSA's range of prestigious annual awards
We hope you will continue to be an active part of our community of readers, writers, and lovers of poetry: renew your support for the PSA today.