Deadline: Postmarked between October 1 –December 22, 2016.
Louise Louis / Emily F. Bourne Student Award, $250
Endowed under the wills of Louise Louis Whitbread and Ruth M. Bourne, this prize is awarded for the best unpublished poem by a student in grades 9 through 12 from the United States. Teachers or administrators may submit an unlimited number of their students' poems, one submission per student.
• You can only submit one entry per student.
• A poem that has previously won a PSA Award cannot be re-submitted.
• No previously published work can be submitted.
• Translations are ineligible.
• Poems by more than one author will not be accepted.
• Entry should have one cover page and two collated copies of your poem.
The Cover Page
The cover page must include:
Email (if available)
Name of the Award
Title and First Line of first poem in submission
Your name should not appear anywhere else besides this cover sheet.
Cover Sheet Template: It's not a requirement, but you might find it helpful to use our cover sheet template.
High school students may send single entries to the Louise Louis/Emily F. Bourne Student Poetry Award for the fee of $5.
High school teachers or administrators may submit an unlimited number of their students' poems (one submission per student) for a $20 entry fee.
You do not need to be a member of the Poetry Society of America to submit to this award.
Checks should be made payable to the Poetry Society of America.
Poetry Society of America
Annual Award Submission
15 Gramercy Park
New York, NY 10003